The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Authors Spotlights CR Moss


I am so pleased to introduce you to the next talented author in my Author Spotlight series. Not only is the woman a gifted storyteller I am proud to call her one of my personal friends. So please get settled in and enjoy.

Do you do anything to get you into the zone to write?
~ Sometimes I take a bath, light incense, read or listen to music. Sometimes I do a combination of those things depending upon how stuck I am or how deep into my writing I want to go.

 Which authors inspire your writing?
~ I’ve been heavily inspired by Stephen King, Anne Rice, Clive Barker, then Jude Deveraux. Now I’m enjoying books by Erin Kellison, KC Klein, Liz Crowe, amongst others.

What is your favorite book, character and why?
~ I’m working on an urban fantasy series (a re-do of a previously published line of books) and in the series there’s a character named Ash. He’s a debonair devil. Pretty charming. And, gorgeous to boot. Swoon worthy.

Do you prefer to write erotic or sweet?
~ It depends what mood I’m in and what the story calls for. Or what I’ve written more of in a short period of time. If I’ve written a lot of erotic, then I lean toward preferring sweet. If on the sweeter side, it’s opposite.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
~ I’m on national bestseller lists, can find my books in brick and mortar stores along with the popular online bookstores and can support the lifestyle I want via my writing career. I’d love to be able to accomplish this in less than five years though. ;)

Finish this sentence: I know I’ve made it when_______________?
~ Like I said above, I’ve made it when I’m on national bestseller lists, can find my books in brick and mortar stores along with the popular online bookstores and can support the lifestyle I want via my writing career.

What advice would you give aspiring writers?
~ Learn the mechanics of the craft, especially grammar, and apply it to your stories. It’ll help when it comes to being accepted and when you go through the editing process. Also, learn the business side of writing and start marketing yourself early, before your story is accepted actually. That’s something I wish I had known.

What do you see yourself writing in the future?
~ I’m hoping to focus more on horror, thrillers and urban fantasy along with the contemporary and paranormal romance stories I write.

If you could have one superpower what would it be and why?
~ I’d want to fly. It would save lots of travel costs and I could skip the airports and germ infested tubes.

What time of the day are you at your best to write?
~ I’m finding that my muse likes to talk to me at night. Which is all right considering I’m normally suffering from insomnia anyway.

And now for something completely different…


What do you look at first with an attractive man or woman, face, body or smile?
~ Face, body then smile.

Explain your perfect day.
~ It’s a beautiful sunny day with only a few fluffy white clouds dotting the deep blue sky. I’m at a body of water, preferably at an empty beach but a pool will do, laying out, reading a great book, listening to some awesome music, and maybe doing some writing, too.

What is the most decadent desert you can’t say no to?
~ Haagen Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream

Do you have a favorite holiday what is it and what makes it special to you?
~ This paranormal, horror, romance writer loves October – the sights, the smells, the cool after summer’s horrid heat and all the fun horror movies and ghost stories that abound on television and in the theaters. Plus Halloween is right around the corner. I love Samhain (pronounced "sow-en" & refers to the daylight portion of the holiday), the Wiccan New Year (November 1st), my time for meditation and reflection. It’s a time to wrap up the old and prepare for the new in one’s life. It’s also a time to honor those who have passed. Plus, the air has grown crisp and cool, though here in Las Vegas it’s still warm enough that I can get away with wearing shorts for a little while longer. Certain trees are covered in glorious color. There are sections in some developments that are just beautiful to drive through. The stars and planets seem brighter in the night sky, while the harvest moon shines in brilliant orange.

What key words describe you best?
~ Funny; loyal; honest/blunt… Shannan, since you know me, would you like to add anything?
*Oh yeah, you forgot sensitive, loving and observant. :) Give me an opening and I'll take it every time. Lol!*

Where to find C.R. Moss
Website:
www.crmoss.net
Blog:
http://crmoss.blogspot.com/   
Blog:
http://doubledranchtales.blogspot.com/  
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/crmoss
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/CRMoss.author
Come see C.R. & others ~ 17 March 2012 - EPICon eFiesta - http://epicorg.com/epicon-2012.html * 2 June 2012 - Arizona's 2nd Annual Romance Reader Event! http://arizonadreamin.wordpress.com/ * 22-24 June 2012 – RomCon 2012 - http://www.romconinc.com

Latest Book ~ Sunset Desires
Blurb:
    A blind date. A hot tropical evening. She’ll be someone he can’t forget. He’ll fulfill her ultimate fantasy.
     Gwendolyn Tramonto is stunned to learn her cousin set her up with sex on the beach and it’s not the drink. But after a several year dry spell of no relationships, no dates…no sex, Gwen decides to take her cousin up on her offer and go out on the blind date. For once, she’d like to indulge in a fantasy, be wined and dined instead of the other way around, and if she and the man ended up in bed together, that would be a nice bonus.
     Evan Cadell is looking forward to the date his uncle arranged for him through an exclusive matchmaking service and taking a one night break from work, life and all its demands. From Gwen’s profile, Evan knows what her fantasy is and believes he’s the man who can make it come true.
     But will one night in paradise be enough to satisfy their desires?

 

1 comment: